We like these five electric drip brewers. All units brew great coffee, but offer varied features and nuances.
BEHMOR BRAZEN BREWER
A recent newcomer that is getting good reviews is Brazen Brewer.
Quoted from their web site: "Behmor Inc. has developed the means to mitigate wide temperature swings by providing users with the ability to control brewing temperature settings between 194-208F. We insure accuracy with our altitude adjustment correction technology. When coupled with other features, such as pre-soak, full saturation water and manual water release, users will for the first time and like never before, be able to control how they brew their coffee and obtain a wide array of characteristics in their cup."
- 1.2L / 8 cup capacity
- Variable temperature
- 194-208F brew temperatures in 1F increments
- On board system temperature calibration with altitude correction
- Power controlled temperature glide
- Full saturation water dispersion spray head
- Pre-soak function with user controlled time setting
- Stainless steel water reservoir
- Insulated stainless steel carafe
- Manual water release feature
- Memory (on board) - stores system settings
BONIVATA BV 1800TH (8 Cup Thermal Carafe)
We believe the optimal performance for the Bonavita Exceptional Brew coffee maker is as follows:
- 30 grams (beans), medium grind, 14 ounces of water yielding 12 ounces
- 55 grams (beans), medium grind, 26 ounces of water yielding 23 ounces
For more body, use more coffee, for more brightness and concentration, adjust the grind finer. For a smoother cup, adjust the grind courser.
- 1400 Watt heater raises water to the ideal temperature of 205F
- Engineered for precise water and coffee grounds contact time
- Shower head designed for complete saturation and optimal extraction
- Brews 8 cups (5 oz. cups)
- High quality stainless thermal carafe
- German engineered
- 2 year warranty
- Glass lined thermal carafe retains heat better
BUNN HOME BREWER (HG for Glass Carafe or HT for Thermal Carafe)
Phase Brew is different than other drip coffee makers. Unlike ordinary machines, the Phase Brew does not "drip." The revolutionary, patent-pending heat and release technology heats all the water to the right temperature during the 6-minute heating phase, then quickly releases it through the unique spray head for an optimal 4-minute brewing phase and amazing coffee flavor.
- Heats water to about 200F, the right temperature for hot, flavorful coffee that is never bitter
- Programmable auto-start
- Brews four to eight 5-ounce cups per batch
- Stainless brew funnel, water window and cleaning indicator for added convenience
- Glass carafe
Discover the regional differences among Latin American,
African, Asian, Hawaiian and Indonesian coffees. Dig deeper and enhance
taste nuances of Colombian, Ethiopian, Costa Rican, Guatemalan, Kona,
Kenyan, Sumatran coffees and more. With the Bunn Trifecta the brewing combinations are endless; varying the grind, turbulence and time.
- Utilizes patented Air Infusion technology to produce a rich, full cup of coffee or tea
- Enhances taste and body with adjustable Turbulence Cycles and Infusion Time controls
- Allows you to adjust perceived acidity, sweetness, earthy flavors, extraction level and mouth feel
- Presses coffee or tea through a fine-gauge metal filter, preserving oils and aromatics
- Compares to the Trifecta (commercial model) used by professional baristas
TECHNIVORM MOCCAMASTER KBG741 (Glass Carafe)
An excellent 8 cup coffeemaker made with European detail and precision for exacting brew cycles.
- Meets requirements of the SCAA
- Brewing temperature 198-205F, keeping
- Jug with mixing lid for a homogenic brew
- 9-hole spray head wetting the grounds evenly
- Visible scale indication
- Aluminum housing available in several bright colors
- Copper boiling element with double safety guard
- Auto adjusting enameled hotplate
- Filter holder with auto drip-stop
- Illuminated on/off switch or a 2 hours auto switch off to choose from
- Selection switch to keep smaller quantities of coffee at the right temperature
- Brew time 5-6 minutes